This guide is designed to help you get started on your Chemistry research. Use this guide to find books, journal articles, and additional resources such as handbooks, spectra, and chemical safety information.
Physical & Chemical Properties Finder
Resources to help you find chemical and physical properties.
Drawn from Beilstein and Gmelin, Reaxys provides experimental data, in organic, inorganic and organometalic chemistry.
Standard database to find chemical information.
Web of Science
Science citation index covering scholarly journals in all areas of science.
CRC handbook of chemistry and physics
Standard handbook to find property information, including wavelength.
Quick source of chemical names and CAS registry numbers.
- IsisCB Explore
A research tool for the history of science, whose core dataset comes from bibliographical citations in the Isis Bibliography of the History of Science. The IsisCB currently contains 40 years of citation data from 1974 to 2014.
Help with course assignments
- CHEM 332: Chemistry of Transition Metals (updated Oct. 2014)
- CHEM 366W : Phys Chem Lab II (updated Sept. 2015)
New Chemistry books
- Pharmaceutical microbiological quality assurance and control : practical guide for non-sterile manufacturing
- Supramolecular chemistry at surfaces
- Medicinal chemistry for practitioners
- Catalysis with Earth-abundant elements
- Emerging carbon materials for catalysis
- Dendrimer chemistry : synthetic approaches towards complex architectures
- Engaging learners with chemistry : projects to stimulate interest and participation
- Pioneering British women chemists : their lives and contributions
- Supramolecular Chemistry: From Concepts to Applications
- Vanadium catalysis
- Inorganic chemistry
- Analytical chemistry for technicians
- Supramolecular protein chemistry : assembly, architecture and application
- Machine learning in chemistry : the impact of artificial intelligence