New education books
- Critical issues in early childhood teacher education
- Dirty teaching : a beginner's guide to learning outdoors
- Americas sex culture : it's impact on teacher-student relationships today
- Creating and sustaining a collaborative mentorship team : a handbook for practice and research
- Communities of activism : black women, higher education and the politics of representation
- David Hansen and the call to teach : renewing the work that teachers do
- Academy of one : the power and promise of open-source learning
- Education for survival : the pedagogy of compassion
- Brilliant essays
- Disciplinary literacy connections to popular culture in K-12 settings
- Integrating primary and secondary sources into teaching : the SOURCES framework for authentic investigation
- Reading and writing strategies for the secondary social studies classroom in a PLC at work
- Developing culturally and historically sensitive teacher education : global lessons from a literacy education program
- Crisis management : effective school leadership to avoid early burnout
- Leadership in education : organizational theory for the practitioner
- Decreasing school violence, bullying, and delinquency with epistemic inclusion
- Flexibility and pedagogy in higher education : delivering flexibility in learning through online learning communities
- Avoiding burnout : how exemplary teachers find fuel and cultivate success
- We come as members of the superior race : distortions and education policy discourse in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Designing constructionist futures : the art, theory, and practice of learning designs
- Research anthology on facilitating new educational practices through communities of learning
- Nurturing Creativity An Essential Mindset for Young Children's Learning.
- Global trends in higher education quality assurance : challenges and opportunities in internal and external quality assurance
- Institutional literacies : engaging academic IT contexts for writing and communication
- Junctures in women's leadership : higher education
- Surrendered : why progressives are losing the biggest battles in education
- Responding to problem behavior in schools : the check-in, check out intervention
- Making language visible in the university : English for academic purposes and internationalisation
- Distracted : why students can't focus and what you can do about it
- Think like Socrates : using questions to invite wonder and empathy into the classroom, grades 4-12
If you need help, please contact Melissa Smith, Librarian for the Faculty of Education, at 778.782.7419 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See also Ask a librarian if Melissa is not available or you have a general question.
Find what you need
Want some search tips? See our Catalogue search guide.
Not sure how to get started? Use our guide Start Your Research Here.
Using this guide
In addition to books, here are some other types of library resources you may want to strategically target:
- Academic subject-specific encyclopedias provide summaries of information and suggest further readings.
- Handbooks provide background or "how to" information about research methodologies or professional topics.
- In journals, primary source articles present original scholarly work, and they are often peer-reviewed. Also in journals, review articles (not to be confused with book reviews) summarize findings of all relevant publications into one coherent view of the topic.
- Theses or dissertations often provide thorough literature reviews on their topic.
- Children's literature information resources
- Educational leadership
- Contemplative inquiry resources
- Counselling resources
- Curriculum Collection
- Education law & legal resources
- MEd in Educational Practice
- Nature-based and place-conscious practices
- PDP guide: Resources for Professional Programs
- Ressources et outils pour l'éducation en français
- EDUC 100W: Selected Questions and Issues in Education
- EDUC 230: Introduction to Philosophy of Education
- EDUC 322: The Social Lives of School Children
- EDUC 390: Fairy Tales, Popular Culture, and Childhood
- EDUC 422: Learning Disabilities
- EDUC 464: Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 864: Research Designs in Education