If you need help, please contact Baharak Yousefi, Librarian for History, International Studies, Liberal Studies, & Political Science at 778.782.5033 (currently suspended due to university closure) or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
- The living flame : the revolutionary passion of Rosa Luxemburg
- A contest of civilizations : exposing the crisis of American exceptionalism in the Civil War era
- Leo Tolstoy
- They were her property : white women as slave owners in the American South
- God is beautiful : the aesthetic experience of the Quran
- The American steppes : the unexpected Russian roots of Great Plains agriculture, 1870s-1930s
- Dreaming and Historical Consciousness in Island Greece
- A people's tragedy : studies in reformation
- The eighth life (for Brilka)
- Jesuit Kaddish : Jesuits, Jews, and Holocaust remembrance
- Atlantic environments and the American South
- Kyoto's renaissance : ancient capital for modern Japan
- Blood and money : war, slavery, finance, and empire
- The Dutch Republic : its rise, greatness and fall, 1477-1806
- The red years : theory, politics, and aesthetics in the Japanese '68
- God's shadow : Sultan Selim, his Ottoman empire, and the making of the modern world
- Russia's empires
- The 100 : a ranking of the most influential persons in history
- Working in Greece and Turkey : a comparative labour history from empires to nation-states, 1840-1940
- Jésuites et protestantisme, XVIe-XXIe siècles : actes du colloque de Lyon (24-25 mai 2018)
- Conflicting memories : Tibetan history under Mao retold : essays and primary documents
- Inquisition, conversion, and foreigners in Baroque Rome
- The city and the wilderness : Indo-Persian encounters in Southeast Asia
- Nation Games : History and Historiographical Imperatives in India
- Antisemitism : here and now
- A kick in the belly : women, slavery and resistance
- The Greeks and the making of modern Egypt
- Greek Island Life : Fieldwork on Anafi.
- The Scientific Counter-Revolution : the Jesuits and the invention of modern science
- Women and gender in early modern Europe
To recommend additional items for the library collection, you can Suggest a title for purchase.
For materials in French, see the guide Resources en Science Politique et Histoire.
If you want help getting started with History research, the Start your research here guide talks about steps in the research process, offers suggestions, and includes links to helpful resources. The guides below offer suggestions and sources for specific topics, regions, and source types.
- History of Africa
- History of Asia
- History of Britain
- History of Canada
- History of Europe
- History of the Middle East