This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2020)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- Heather Phillipson
- Storytelling in opera and musical theater
- The spaces and places of horror
- Stan Douglas : Abbott & Cordova, 7 August 1971.
- The Sage handbook of performance studies
- Photography from the Turin Shroud to the turing machine
- The Impressionists and photography
- Transmedia directors : artistry, industry, and new audiovisual aesthetics
- Ethics of contemporary art : in the shadow of transgression
- Tim Maia's Tim Maia Racional Vols. 1 And 2.
- A critical companion to Stanley Kubrick
- Edward Elgar : music, life and landscapes
- The Bloomsbury handbook of sonic methodologies
- The 4 element synth : the secrets of subtractive synthesis
- Elite art worlds : philanthropy, Latin Americanism, and avant-garde music
- Petrocinema : sponsored film and the oil industry
- Dialectics without Synthesis : Japanese Film Theory and Realism in a Global Frame
- The museum curator's guide : understanding, managing and presenting objects
- Robin Minard : Werke/Works 1984-2019
- Futures of dance studies
- The films of Pablo Larraín
- Italian cinema audiences : histories and memories of cinemagoing in post-war Italy
- The cinema of Ermanno Olmi
- Interiorities : Njideka Akunyili Crosby, Leonor Antunes, Henrike Naumann, Adriana Varejão
- Long story short : turning famous books into cartoons
- Women make horror : filmmaking, feminism, genre
- Collecting ancient Europe : national museums and the search for European antiquities in the 19th-early 20th century
- Improvising on a theme : the story of the Birmingham Music Service
- Kent Monkman: shame and prejudice : a story of resilience = Kent Monkman: honte et préjugés : une histoire de résilience.
- We are here : visionaries of color transforming the art world